Flexible PCBs in the Flex-POOL:
The minimum area, from which the base price is calculated is 1 dm². In the Flex-Pool a maximum of 20 dm² area is possible.
You can calculate the cost for your Flex PCB prototypes using our Online price calculator.
For larger quantities and special technologies, which are not produced by us in the Flex-POOL, please use our custom quote, or contact us directly via telephone or e-mail.
Only polyimide foils are used as the base material. These provide different benefits compared to other foils, differing substantially from rigid PCB materials. If needed, please download our data sheet.
||≥ 0.70 N/mm2
||≤ 3.7 (1.1 GHz)
|Resistance in the solder bath
||288°C (> 10 s)
||± 0.20 %
In the Flex-POOL a coverbased Kapton®- /Acrylic is used, which, for example, ensures higher dielectric strength.
Order assembly online
You can now order assembly for flexible PCBs directly via the Flex-POOL online configurator. More informationen at: Flex PCB assembly.
The following requirements apply to PCB assembly via the Flex-POOL service.
• Maximum dimension of the flexible PCBs:
150 mm x 250 mm
• Maximum Number of flexible PCBs to be assembled: 10 pieces
• Maximum Number of SMD components per PCB:
300 pieces (i.e. with max. 10 PCBs = 3000 components).
We cannot process THT components.
The assembly is only possible on one side.
Delivery times for assembled flexible PCBs
From 1 to 499 components = 12 working days
From 500 to 999 components = 14 working days
From 1000 components = 16 working days
The lead time for the assembly of your flex PCB is added to the production time of the PCB.
|Number of layers
||1 - 2
||One-sided or double-sided
||Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold
|Copper thickness incl. galvanic
|Maximum size of the PCB
||Length: 400 mm / Width: 250 mm
|Minimum size of the PCB
||Length: 10 mm / Width: 10 mm
|Flex cover foil
||Relief cut: 200 μm
|Minimum conductor width / conductor distance
||Via diameter: 200 μm
|Minimum distance Via-Via
|Minimal cutting radius
|Minimum distance copper contour
||+/- 100 μm
If needed, download our data sheet here data sheet.
Before the assembly and the soldering process the flexible PCBs must be dried. Thereafter they have to be processed within 8 hours.
Please refer to the data sheet "Drying (tempering) PCBs".
Please note: If your enhancing material does not touch the edges of the PCB (for example, a connector) please request a quote from us.
- Bending radius is approx. 6 x flex material thickness for one-sided flex layers and approx. 12 x flex material thickness for double-sided flex layers
- Select the largest possible track widths and clearances in the flex area
- Bending area should have parallel, equal track widths having the same insulation resistance, which run perpendicular to the bending line
- Continuously tapered transitions from wide to narrow circuit paths are ideal
- Transitions from wide to narrow circuit paths at a 90° angle should be as large a radii that can be realised.
- The tracks on double-sided flexible components should be symmetrically offset
- Provide large, cut-out Cu surfaces in the layout if possible
- Select soldering surfaces to be as large as possible - select soldering pad diameters at least twice as large as the hole diameters
- Design track connections to the soldering pads to be droplet-shaped and rounded.
- Make cover film openings which are not photo-structured to be around 1 mm larger in circumference
- Always provide smooth (round) milling transitions
- Provide additional copper tracks as tear protection on the target bending points for flexible jibs
- Partial mechanical reinforcements can be added in the mating or assembly areas (thickness: 0.1 - 0.6 mm).